Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chi Running.

I posted about a class I was excited to take in Chi Running. The whole premise is to run or walk with correct form, eliminating any pain or discomfort while increasing endurance and speed. It was great but all the excitement wore off when, for the life of me, I just could not get the technique down. Argh! I was in a pickle because my old running style felt off but I just could not get the hang of the Chi style. Go figure- I relay all the information I learned to Matt. He is such a self learner, goes out and within about a month with no other training, is running about twice as far as he used to with absolutely no pain and an increased time. He has taken to 6-8 miles of steep trail running and comes home enthused and ready to conquer more! So, I will keep at it but for anyone that is curious Matt has seen dramatic results. He is even thinking of signing up for some long trail races.

No comments:

Post a Comment