Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Big boy bed.

After our trip to California I was feeling a bit gutsy (or maybe just sleep deprived) and decided to move Eli into his big boy bed. It would make him and Luke roomies, which they love to call one and another. I was hesitant before because Eli was very fond of his crib and frankly, he likes to push the limits and I knew it was not going to be a smooth transition. During our trial run (the hotel on vacation) he only fell between the bed and the nightstand once so we decided to give it a go at home.

Beaming with pride!

About 15 minutes after this picture was taken he coerced Luke into sneaking out of the room and coming to find me, something Luke would have never thought to do on his own. Once Luke spotted me, he stated, "Mom, we are getting into mischief."

Eli is such the bad influence.

The nights have not gotten much easier but sure do warm my heart. They giggle, play, fight and jump off anything that stands higher than 4 inches off the ground. I love that they are cultivating a friendship all their own. When I check in on them I will often find Luke with his head covered by a pillow and Eli up still singing the ABC's or Daisy. Then two minutes later he will be out cold, fits his personality to a T.

Most amazing though is that this kid can actually sleep in the bed. Apparently he is keenly aware that if he rolls over he will bash his head on a truck or trophy because he will stay in that one position the duration of his nap. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment