Sunday, February 26, 2012

Going for it.

So we finally decided on homeschooling Luke. Phew, it was all a bit rocky for awhile. We live a few blocks from one of the best elementary schools in the state and have an amazing community of parents and families to fraternize with. Why would we consider anything else? For us, it feels like the right path to take. I am working on getting a curriculum together now and figuring out our schedule. Luke is also enrolled in a program called HOPE which is basically a co op for homeschool parents and will start in August. All of it is a bit overwhelming but, seriously, I will research this thing to death if I let myself. I just need to jump in with two feet. My heart is in the right place and I am so grateful for this opportunity to teach, learn and be such a huge part of my son's life. We have not officially started but so love this break through moment Luke had the other day.


No comments:

Post a Comment