Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I am not Irish....



but my cousin, Callie McRitchie, is! It was a must we celebrated with her as I have missed so many in the years past. Saturday we went to the parade in downtown Denver. Apparently, it is the biggest parade West of the Mississippi and ever since Luke saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on television he has been asking me to take him to New York. One day I am sure we will go but until then green shamrocks, vintage cars and Irish folk dancers will have to suffice.

It was then off to John's apartment where he and Callie had cooked up the traditional corn beef and cabbage, Guinness bread and pasta salad. Thankfully everyone was in their green attire or Luke was prepared to give them a pinch....lots of practice pinching this week.








Kiss me I am (almost) Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment