Monday, March 1, 2010

Half marathon- check!



Oh, the feeling of accomplishment. What a thrill! I only say this because I never thought I could have run 13.1 miles and felt so good. I am not a runner and prior to my training had only run 6 miles once.

It just goes to show what a good pair of running shoes and proper training can do for a girl. My mom, sister and I all participated. My mom had plans of walking the race but she said there was so much energy she ran the first two miles and finished off running too. I was so proud of her as I watched her cross the finish line! My sister, Jamie, and I ran the entire course together- except for the last .5 mile, she smoked me and finished about 30 seconds ahead. We made a total rookie mistake and had to stop at the first bathroom check point. The line was literally ten minutes so all in all we probably ran the race in a little under 2:30. The day was beautiful, my partners were awesome and I had the best cheering crowd around (thanks Dad!!)

I realized something about myself during this whole process. I always thought I was competitive but really I think I like to just set a goal and achieve it. Whether that puts me in first or last place depends on what I set my mind to achieve. Now I just wonder, what is next......

No comments:

Post a Comment