Sunday, October 30, 2011

Kid's perspective.

Sometimes I can just hear the wheels turning when Luke is trying to figure something out. He will ask a handful of questions and then ponder. A day, week or month later he will bring it up in discussion with his mind made up, my favorite part. His perspective is often well thought out, intentional and compassionate.

Whenever the boys and I are out and about it is inevitable that someone will make a comment, "Trying for that girl."
"Oh three boys, poor mom. No girl."
"No pink for you."

And most graciously I will answer, "I am the luckiest mom around. I have always wanted four boys. We are almost there."

Truly, I have.

So, at the mall this weekend when the conversation occurred Luke finished my sentence and replied to the saleswoman, "She always wanted 4 boys."

I looked at him with a glance of agreement and said, "Yep, you are right Luke but maybe God knows better and 3 is my perfect number."

"No mommy, he gave you just what you asked for, Luke, Eli, James and daddy."

That there stopped me right in my tracks, God did answer my prayers and I would have missed it without this kiddo's perspective.

Thanks sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment