Sunday, October 30, 2011

Outings.

Mary and I have decided that each month we are going to get out and explore Colorado with the kiddos! What a treat this has been, exposing them to new activities and interests.

September included a trip to Sunflower Farms which is a working farm in Longmont with petting zoo, zip line, horse rides, treehouse, tire swings and a haystack maze. A playland for kiddos (and adults!) Luke's fondness for all things fast and dangerous came out in the zip line. Eli went at it with gusto as well, always trailing Luke by a few steps but with fervor and determination.





This month we hit up Berry Patch Farms in Brighton for a tractor ride into the fields of red raspberries, golden raspberries and strawberries. We spent several hours under the beautiful fall skies, breathing the fresh air and admiring the green farmlands. The boys learned how food ends up in the grocery store, what it takes to grow a plant and how to identify a ripened berry.




I am hoping this is a way for me to better understand individual learning styles and trigger points. You would think after spending 14 waking hours of everyday with them I would know this already but there is something about being outside in the fresh air that highlights natural tendencies and desires. They talk more, run faster and ooze excitement.

Part of my heart is still so desiring to homeschool these love bugs and part of my head is still saying no way. These outing days make it heard for my heart to listen to my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment