Thursday, August 13, 2009

Juice It Up!

We just love juicing, it is a nice change from eating our fruits and veggies. We will juice anything we can get our hands on.....apples, oranges, carrots, ginger, beets, green peppers, spinach. You name it and we have probably thrown it into a juice before! After some research we purchased the Breville BJE510XL IKON 500 Watt Juice Extractor and have been extremely pleased, you get a lot of juice, a very dry pulp and somewhat easy clean up. Luke loves to hand me the fruit and then push down on the feed tube and watch the juice come pouring out. Before downing a glass he always insists on the mandatory, "Cheers."

Anyway, here are some of our favorite recipes.

1. Luke Delight- 3 apples, 3 carrots and a slice of ginger.
2. Jess' Masterpiece- 3 apples, 1 cucumber and 4 sprigs of mint.
3. Beet Surprise- 1/2 beet, 3 apples, 3 carrots. (It is best not to drink beet juice alone, it is an extremely powerful cleanser/detoxifier.)
4. Green Goo- handful of spinach, 4 carrots, 1 lemon and 2 apples.
5. Vitamin C Powerhouse- 3 oranges, 1 grapefruit, 1 banana (You never get a ton of juice out of a banana but if I have an old one around I throw it in for flavor.)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to try these. I just got a juicer this week. I ended up getting an omega. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Omega is awesome! I am excited to hear about your juice fasts. Matt and I LOVE the health benefits of fasting...he actually just did one this week. It has been over a year for myself because of the pregnancy and nursing but soon enough!

    ReplyDelete