Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goodbye Florida.

Leaving Florida was so bittersweet. The excitement of a new adventure, the sadness of knowing our families would be more than just a drive away.

Over the past several months I have made a conscious effort to be mindful in my life. I tend to be a major planner and while that is helpful in some situations, I almost always miss out on the fun because I am thinking about the "what is next." In the last few weeks I had with my family I wanted to enjoy every minute of it and that I did.

My sister and Luke catching frogs in the pool.

My dad convincing Luke to splash my mom and get her hair wet even though she pleaded them not to. He was also the one that advised Luke that he could stamp Big Bird and Ernie up his arm and that it would be okay.

My mom lovin' on Eli every second she could.
My brother holding Luke on the merry-go-round, pointing out where I was standing so they could both wave.

While I enjoyed each moment, my heart misses them every day. Two thousand miles feels like a world apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment