Sunday, December 20, 2009

Newbie runner over here.

I just like to make do with the things I have. I must get this trait from my dad (who, this is the truth) has socks and shirts from when he was in college. But once my foot hurt so bad that I could not walk Matt convinced me that I needed to get new shoes for my half marathon training. I guess he was right, apparently, two years was one and half years too many for that pair. I decided to visit the running store near my house and they popped me on a treadmill to video tape my run. We then watched it in slow motion. Interestingly enough, I found out that my right foot (the one that hurt) was twisting inward. I was amazed! So, the salesgirl had me try on several shoes and would videotape my run in each shoe. Funny enough, the shoe I loved did not provide enough support but the ones I bought, perfect form on the video. To make it even better, she accepted the $20 off coupon I found for online purchases. Double win!

Four runs later, not a foot issue to be found. Wahoo. Give me the newbie stamp over here!

1 comment:

  1. Shoes are ultra important. If you can buy 2 pairs of the same shoe and rotate! I'm glad you caved and bought some. I had to run with a surgical mask today our air quality was so yucky. The things we do for running...just wait you will see :)

    ReplyDelete