Sunday, December 6, 2009

Overzealous potty trainer.


I am, to my own admission, an overzealous potty trainer. If Luke makes any mention of the potty or wanting to use the potty or having to go potty, my voice shrills and I eek with excitement as I shuffle him over to his little potty. I think I need to tone it down a few notches as there were two separate "potty incidences" over the Thanksgiving holiday and both involved my in-laws, how embarassing.

Act 1-
Grams was in the bathroom with the door closed and Luke, with no certain awareness of privacy, busts in and exclaims, "Come on Grams, you can do it."

Act 2-
Pax was leaving the bathroom and Luke rounds the corner, jumping up and down saying, "Yea Pax, yeah Pax."

I wonder where he learns this from.

A few more cute one-liners came out of that little guys mouth over the holiday-

Pax was trying to put a dvd on the tv and for some reason it was not working. Pax looked over at Luke and said, "Sorry Luke I can not get this to work." Luke stated, very sincerely, "It's not your fault Pax."

We were all sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house and Luke wanted to say the prayer. "Dear God, thank you for this breakfast. Amen"

In the cutest little Italian accent he can muster, he says, "How you doin'?"

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love those one liners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up over here!! Totally adorable and I always thought Luke was so much like you, I wouldn't change that for the world!! Oh, and why does he look so grown up in this image?? OMGosh Jess seriously!!

    ReplyDelete