Saturday, April 30, 2011

Goodbye 3, HELLO 4!

This was Luke's favorite saying on his 4th Birthday! So hard to believe it is here. I am a bit reminiscent with the baby coming and all but can this sweet, little boy already be 4, truly! I can not believe it.

For his birthday he received a two wheel bike. Let me tell you- the kid was up and riding the same day he got it! The trick- the Skuut. He mastered balancing on the Skuut and after 15 minutes of learning to pedal with training wheels we took them off and there he went. We are still learning to break but the little dare devil sees no reason to slow down. He and Matt have done a few "trails" around here- small dirt paths- and he rings that bell like it is nobodies business. All he wants to do is RIDE!

We also celebrated by inviting his best bud, Dylan, to Chuck E Cheese and then hitting up Tokyo Joes afterward for lunch and cake.

I love watching his personality develop. He is inquisitive and asks questions all day long. His sense of humor will make me smile most any day. During his 4 year check up at the doctor the nurse was doing his eye exam. She was at the last line of pictures that were extremely small, wanting to know what the object was. Luke replied with, "Excuse me but do you think you can move that a bit closer so I can take a look." She and I both busted out laughing. He loves to rough house with Eli, never missing an opportunity to get a jab or elbow in but will always follow up with a kiss to a boo boo. His memory is amazing and providing details to stories is his forte.

Happy Birthday sweet Luke. I know I tell you every night but I thank God each and every day for giving me such a wonderful and amazing son!!

No comments:

Post a Comment