Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mrs. Mary


We were lucky enough to cross paths with Mrs. Mary about a year ago and persuaded her to come and help me with the kiddos. Originally, she would come over two mornings a week for two hours so I could slip out and run an errand or get a work out in. A few months into it, Matt and I discussed the fact that we needed a little better work and life balance. Our weekends seemed to be filled to the brim with errands, haircuts, grocery shopping, work for him, just regular life stuff. We decided at that point we needed a little more sanity and the best way to get that was for me to help him with his work and to have Mary come more often.

What a life changer this was........some weeks I helped Matt, other weeks were full of meetings with housing contractors, going through closing paperwork on the house or midwife appointments for the baby but we have enjoyed so much quality time together as a family come Saturday and Sunday.

Mary is just so wonderful. The boys adore her, she is creative and loving. I never hesitate to ask her for advice on parenting (having raised two wonderful children herself), she is a wonderful cook and good person. We are so better for having her in our lives! So, she is my secret weapon with this 3rd kiddo. With no family around this time I am feeling a bit overwhelmed but with Mary around it all seems more manageable. A real life Mary Poppins.

No comments:

Post a Comment