Friday, June 19, 2009

The best 5.

Happy Anniversary babe! It is amazing to me that the last 5  years have gone by so quickly and brought so much joy to my life and love in my heart. The best 5 of my life!

One of the greatest things about being your wife is the fact that we are not afraid to learn and grow, both as individual people and as a couple. Your passion for learning is to be admired and your courage to change is even more righteous. From you I have learned that it is okay to be the first to apologize. I have learned to be humble. I have learned that it is okay to listen to my heart instead of my head. I have learned it is better to enjoy a moment than complete a task on my to do list (this one is a work in progress).  I have learned that it is okay to question what anyone else may deem as being okay.

I hope each and every day you know how deeply I care for you and appreciate you as a husband, friend and father to our children. I love the way you hug Luke, arms wrapped all the way around him with a long drawn out squeeze. I love the way you glance over at Eli as I hold him and radiate with pride. I love how we can sit at a beach bar, sip margaritas and chat about our desire to homeschool while rocking out to the live music.  I love how much you love your family and the Lord. 

Your are my schmoop and I can't wait to see what the next 55 years will bring. All my love forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment