Monday, June 8, 2009

Try, try, try again.

Alright, here it goes, my first post!

One thing I am not afraid to do is try something new. I encourage Luke to try new things each day and keep a whole list of things I am going to attempt in hopes of empowering myself, enriching my mind or helping my family live a better life.  So, today I ventured into the world of cloth diapering. (Gasp, right?) Who would cloth diaper in this day and age? Isn't it soo stinky and, well, disgusting? Today was my first day so I can not give you a definitive answer just yet but I have to say that little Eli did look oh so adorable in his bumGenius pocket diaper. I will be sure to update later on how this adventure turns out. 



BTW- I do hope that cloth diapering saves a land fill or two from being stuffed to the brim with my disposables but, in all honesty, I am doing this because I want to keep all of those nasty chemicals (think dioxin, tribuytyl-tin, and sodium polyacrylate) off of my love bug's hiney. All smiles so far!


5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea Jess!!!! Please keep us posted on the diapers. I think you are fantastic! I love that I am also your first comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world, Jess!! I am thrilled that you are doing this and I am soooo looking forward to your posts. I've always thought you were an amazing writer and so creative too, this is so up your ally!! Congrats on the big step with cloth diapers!! You are a total inspiration, my friend!! Love you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess...this is SO you!

    I can vouch for the granola--it is yummy! Although, since I have none of those ingredients in my house (ha ha) I'll just have to nibble on yours when I come down. :)
    Let me know how the whole diaper thing works out....you are much "greener" (and gutsier) thann I ever was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! Now I can stalk your family too. Let me know how you work out with the HE. Are you doing a wet pail? I would love to get a HE machine, so perfect for everything else...anyway hooray to see you blogging and I am so excited to glean all the info I can from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Okay, so I am not using a wet pail. I did order some of the diaper liners....we will see what kind of system I can get going here. The HE seems to be working really well so far. I do have to run 2 cycles though- 1 is a Rinse/Spin only cycle in Cold/Cold then the Whitest Whites Cycle with an extra Spin in Hot/Hot.

    ReplyDelete