Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dad(s).



I am daddy's little girl, I always have and always will be. Looking back on my childhood, I remember my dad being my hero. The first one to hold me in the hospital, the one to sing lullabies to me with his guitar as a little girl, the one to cheer me on when I gave the commencement speech at our high school graduation and the one to walk me down the aisle on my wedding day. My dad's heart is sincere, always wondering how he can make someone else smile or bring happiness to their life, even if he is having a rough day. My dad's love is encompassing, only hoping that each of his children find their path in life, the road that makes us happiest. My dad not only taught me but showed me the value of honesty and hardwork, a lesson I have found to be invaluable throughout my life. I love you dad and hope you know that I am who I am today because of you.

Now, not to brag but I am one of those lucky girls that not only likes but genuinely loves her in-laws. "Pax", my father in law, has a heart of gold. He is always willing to play trains with Luke, even when the US Open is on. He is the strong silent one, taking everything in, enjoying each moment. He is the one line comedian, wondering why it is called a birthday and not a birth date. Matt is the man he is today because of Pax and for that, I am forever thankful.

Happy Father's Day Dad and Pax! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment