Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dinner with the Davidsons.

Rebecca (Miller) and I were friends in high school who drifted apart upon graduation. Lo and behold, we connected on Facebook and found out now (more than ever) we have so much in common~ our joy in motherhood and raising our children, our love of nutrition and healthy cooking and our desire to search out truths in life. It was about a year and a half ago when I stumbled upon Rebecca's blog- www.TheMayFiles.com. When I read it, I felt like I had found a How-To Manual for my life, ideas and topics that crossed my mind but here was someone (I knew and trusted) living it.

So, earlier this month Rebecca and her husband, Brent, were visiting from Utah. We met for dinner and spent the better part of three hours discussing so many ideas that ring close to my heart. Finding another family that is seeking a similar way of life as Matt and I has been wonderful. When I drove home that evening thinking about their experience with homeschooling, going vegan, having chickens in their backyard, politics..... I could not help but feel an overwhelming sense of admiration for them. They are a couple who not only practices but lives their faith. They are a family who works hard to live the best life they can; they live purposefully and take action to make changes. It is inspiring.

Funny thing, the night before we met for dinner I came upon a box full of high school memorabilia. Luke and I had unpacked it and I was putting it all away when I found a shirt thrown to the side. I unfolded it and found a message from Rebecca ending with "Rebecca and Jessica, Friend Forever"in purple puffy paint......I wore it out to dinner that night (poor Brent was so embarrassed but hung in there while Rebecca and I laughed) . Little did I know that 15 years ago when she gave that to me how true those words would be! Thank you does not even begin to cover the gratitude I have.........

Unfortunately, Matt was not able to join us but he and Brent will soon be meeting. Who knows~ they may both be fluent in Hebrew before they call it a night or coordinate their own meeting on Jekyll Island (now that could be interesting!!)

Hope to see you both again, soon!!









No comments:

Post a Comment