Sunday, January 31, 2010

Matt's drinking problem.

Yes, Matt does partake in an occasional glass of wine or beer but that is not the source of my issue. I am confident in saying that when we met 6 years ago, he probably consumed 60% of his calories from drinks. I am talking Gatorade, soda pop, tea (notice no mention of the word water here). He slowly sucked me into the trap, how addicting it is. Well, a few years back I weaned myself and got back into the habit of mainly drinking water and fresh juice but with his exercise regimen he still wanted the electrolyte beverage. (I do love Matt for this. He is very dedicated to his work outs. He weighs less than he did in high school and is starting to train for a tri-athalon!) But the high fructose corn syrup and refined sugar made me cringe so he eventually agreed to Recharge (an "all natural" energy replenisher) but it was loaded with sugar. I still was not satisfied. The great news is I received two recommendations from friends to try coconut juice. Wahoo, let me tell you, it is wonderful! Refreshing, light, and truly an all natural isotonic beverage. There is potassium and magnesium. Yummy. This has been a great find, now I may be the one with the drinking habit!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you love it, and Matt too.

    It let me post today. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete