Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A letter for Luke.

Dearest Noodle,

I heard the slightest creak as you opened your bedroom door. Your tiny little feet scampered across the hardwood. 5:47 am this morning, my you were up early. I saw the light creep thru as you fiddled with our door; I raised my weary eyes. Dad lay resting next to me and I scooped you up in my arms. We went into your room, pulled your Thomas the Train blanket up to ours noses and you asked me to sing.

"Daisy, daisy, give me your answer true. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage but you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two."

You wrapped your little arm around my forearm and squeezed it tight. Those fifteen minutes of cuddling filled my heart with such joy. I can think of no better wake up call in the world. I love you my dearest boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment