Saturday, January 30, 2010

The final countdown!


Week 8 of 12 for my half marathon training has come and gone. The race is just around the corner, registration is complete. I finished my longest run to date, 8 miles. It felt really nice today. Working on my breathing technique and form has been a top priority the last few weeks as I have seen major benefits with it in other areas of my life (child birth, yoga). I read a book called, "ChiRunning" by Danny Dreyer that combines this breathing, inner focus and the flow of T'ai Chi into running form. The goal is to make the sport effortless and injury free. Slowly I am getting the hang of it and have my sights set on a ChiRunning clinic in March as well. My pace is extremely slow (11 minute miles) but once I master the technique the speed will come. I am okay with that. For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment